It’s a good question, isn’t it? How do you know what are the top affiliate programs? You are very conscious that the products that you promote reflect you in the eyes of your subscribers, as you are the one promoting it, so how can you be confident that you will not be let down by the product provider? You have progressed from how to start an affiliate marketing business to how to monetize it. Consequently, you must have a clear criteria for selecting your affiliate programs and below is the criteria I adhere to:
1. Relevance. If this smacks of stating the obvious, then it is! But I have so often seen products being promoted that are not directly related to the niche that the site is for. I often think that is because it is either something that the individual personally likes, or it is commission driven. Don’t confuse your subscribers by promoting products that are not directly linked to their niche
2. Secure payment. Do not jeopardize the money being spent by your followers. Ensure that the payment system is being operated by a reputable service provider. Reputable companies like ClickBank, Commission Junction, Amazon, PayPal are all great and totally reliable but if it is not one you recognise, then check it out further.
3. Reputation of product provider. There are tons of websites for affiliate marketing products but when you are choosing the affiliate program to promote make sure the provider is reputable. Do your due diligence – check them out online, in forums, if they are accepted by companies like ClickBank and others. What products have they offered before? What did people think of their previous products? All of this information is available to you – it just takes a bit of digging. You want to make sure they belong to the ethical affiliate marketing camp, and not the here today, gone tomorrow brigade!
4. Customer Service. So many fall down here. People buy a product, have some queries, which is very normal, but then can find no one to give them answers. This is really frustrating and while as the marketer there can be little you can do, it will reflect upon you badly.
5. Customer Guarantee. Any reputable product provider will have a minimum of 30 day satisfaction guarantee but make sure there are no hidden clauses. Again, if you are going through someone like ClickBank, Amazon etc there will not be a problem, but you need to be very clear about the process that your followers will have to go through to get a refund. Again, this information is available and must be part of your due diligence.
6. Tracking. In order to gauge the success or otherwise of your product campaigns you must be able to review your statistics on how many sales, from where, any refunds etc. This is essential in order for you to make decisions about product selection for the future
These are my top 6 criteria to decide what are the top affiliate programs that I will promote. There are others, but if you start with these, then you will not go far wrong!